You know that it’s time for a change, but you’re worried about what to expect when you seek out drug and alcohol treatment. The first step is a substance abuse evaluation, a time when you, doctors, and therapists will discuss what’s happening and what can improve. At The Ranch PA, this process provides you with the one-on-one support you need to get help.
What Happens During a Substance Abuse Evaluation?
For most people, taking that first step to learn if you have a problem is hard to do. Yet, reaching out for a substance abuse evaluation can help you to see not only that you need help, but that there is real treatment available to you. During this assessment process, our team wants to see what’s happening. You may receive:
- A physical exam to determine if you have addiction and dependence
- A comprehensive mental health exam to determine if depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, or other mental health disorders are present
- One-on-one discussions with a treatment specialist to learn about your needs
- Emotional well-being assessment
- Lifestyle and at-home environment assessments
The goal of this process is to learn what is happening to you and why. Then, you can find the right treatment program for your future. Everyone’s needs are very different. However, with the help of our trusted team of professionals, we can create an effective method for managing your stresses.
Why Do You Need This Evaluation?
When you work with our team to learn more about your needs, you can see the value of getting drug and alcohol treatment. During the substance abuse evaluation process, we will talk about factors such as:
- Determine if you have addiction and dependence
- Determine if you need dual diagnosis treatment for mental health conditions
- Learn about any physical and medical needs you have such as nutrition therapy
- Assess the severity of your addiction, including whether drug detox programs are best
- Create a treatment plan that fits your assessment
When you come in for an evaluation like this, you will meet people who want to help you. There’s no judgment. There’s no one here that will make you feel as though you should be blamed for what’s happened to you. Drug addiction is just like treatment for any other disease. It is about learning what’s happening and creating a treatment for it. The Ranch PA provides 100 percent confidential consultations.
When Should You Seek Care Like This?
Most likely, if you’re reading this, you already know that you need to seek out help for your needs. It is not uncommon for people who are facing drug and alcohol abuse to need to realize there is a problem. Some signs of addiction may include:
- You cannot stop using even though you want to
- Drug and alcohol use takes up a lot of your thoughts
- You cannot wait until your next dose or drink
- Physical pain if you don’t use
- You cannot get through the day without using
For most men and women, addiction treatment can be very effective. With our comprehensive addiction treatment programs available to you at The Ranch PA, there is help available that is right for your needs. All you have to do is to reach out for an evaluation to find out what your needs are. Our team is waiting to help you today.
Take That First Step with The Ranch PA
When you meet with our team for a substance abuse evaluation, you will learn more about the specific treatment options that may help you. We will work closely with you to determine the best level of care for your mental and physical needs. Turn to The Ranch PA today by calling our counselors for a free, confidential consultation. Call 717.969.9126 for immediate help.